Kitchenaid Stand Mixers
Care and Cleaning
Bowl, white flat beater and white spiral dough hook may be washed in an automatic dishwasher. Or, clean them thoroughly in hot sudsy water and rinse completely before drying. Wire whip, burnished spiral dough hook and burnished flat beater should be hand washed and dried immediately. Do not wash wire whip, burnished spiral dough hook and burnished flat beater in a dishwasher. Do not store beaters on shaft.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always be sure to unplug stand mixer before cleaning. Wipe stand mixer with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use household/commercial cleaners. Do not immerse in water. Wipe off beater shaft frequently, removing any residue that may accumulate.
Beater to Bowl Clearance
Your stand mixer is adjusted at the factory so the flat beater just clears the bottom of the bowl. If, for any reason, the flat beater hits the bottom of the bowl or is too far away from the bowl, you can correct the clearance easily.
- Unplug stand mixer.
- Place bowl lift handle in down position.
- Attach flat beater.
- Adjust so flat beater just clears bottom surface of bowl when in lifted position by turning screw (A) counterclockwise to raise the bowl and clockwise to lower the bowl. Just a slight turn is all that is required: the screw will not rotate more than 1⁄4 turn (90 degrees) in either direction. (The full range of adjustment is 1⁄2 turn, or 180 degrees.)
- Place bowl lift handle in up position to check clearance.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 if necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When properly adjusted, the flat beater will not strike on the bottom or side of the bowl. If the flat beater or the wire whip is so close that it strikes the bottom of the bowl, coating may wear off the beater or wires on whip may wear.
Before I end this I like to give you some mixing tips that I have taught them over time to get all advantages with the kitchenaid professional 600 series 6-quart stand mixer
Mixing tips using kitchenaid stand mixer
Converting Your Recipe
- For mixing this can guide you in converting your own favorite recipes for preparation with your KitchenAid® stand mixer. Look for recipes similar to yours and then adapt your recipes to use the procedures in the similar KitchenAid® recipes.
- For example, the “quick mix” method (sometimes referred to as the “dump” method) is ideal for simple cakes, such as the Quick Yellow Cake and Easy White Cake.
- This method calls for combining dry ingredients with most or all liquid ingredients in one step. More elaborate cakes, such as Caramel Walnut Banana Torte, should be prepared using the traditional cake mixing method. With this method, sugar and the shortening, butter or margarine are thoroughly mixed (creamed) before other ingredients are added.
- For all cakes, mixing times may change because your KitchenAid® stand mixer works more quickly than other mixers. In general, mixing a cake with the KitchenAid® stand mixer will take about half the time called for in most cake recipes.
- To help determine the ideal mixing time, observe the batter or dough and mix only until it has the desired appearance described in your recipe, such as “smooth and creamy.
Always add ingredients as close to side of bowl as possible, not directly into moving beater. The Pouring Shield can be used to simplify adding ingredients.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If ingredients in very bottom of bowl are not thoroughly mixed, then the beater is not far enough into the bowl. See the “Beater to Bowl Clearance” section. Cake Mixes When preparing packaged cake mixes, use Speed 2 for low speed, Speed 4 for medium speed, and Speed 6 for high speed. For best results, mix for the time stated on the package directions.
Adding Nuts, Raisins, or Candied Fruits
Follow individual recipes for guidelines on including these ingredients. In general, solid materials should be folded in the last few seconds of mixing on STIR Speed. The batter should be thick enough to keep the fruit or nuts from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking. Sticky fruits should be dusted with flour for better distribution in the batter.
Mixtures containing large amounts of liquid ingredients should be mixed at lower speeds to avoid splashing. Increase speed only after mixture has thickened.
IMPORTANT Note: You will find this previous information in the installation guide that will you get when you receive your machine so don’t worry about that just want to make sure that everything will be clear when you start with your machine.
Kitchenaid stand mixer accessories
KitchenAid accessories and Attachments are designed to assure long life. The attachment power shaft and hub socket are of a square design, to eliminate any possibility of slipping during the transmission of power to the attachment. The hub and shaft housing are tapered to assure a snug fit, even after prolonged use and wear. KitchenAid® Attachments require no extra power unit to operate them; the power unit is built-in
- Turn stand mixer off and unplug.
- Loosen attachment knob by turning it counterclockwise.
- Flip up hinged hub cover.
- Insert attachment shaft housing into attachment hub, making certain that attachment power shaft fits into square attachment hub socket. It may be necessary to rotate attachment back and forth. When attachment is in proper position, the pin on the attachment will fit into the notch on the hub rim.
- Tighten attachment knob by turning clockwise until attachment is completely secured to stand mixer.
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
- Turn stand mixer off and unplug.
- Loosen attachment knob by turning it counterclockwise. Rotate attachment slightly back and forth while pulling out.
- Replace attachment hub cover.Tighten attachment knob by turning it clockwise.
Final though about kitchenaid stand mixers
I know that the kitchenaid stand mixer prices seems like a lot of money for a kitchen appliance that doesn’t automatically wash your dishes, but if you do a lot of cooking, baking, etc. like my wife and I do, it’s worth it in the long run. We know several who bought the other brands of mixers and ended up returning them or they broke after less than a year of use. I sure that you will fall in a love with this kitchenaid professional 600 series 6-quart stand mixer like every women specially me! So I put all kitchenaid professional 600 series 6-quart stand mixer features and details in one place so you can take a look at it before you consider buying it. Kitchenaid professional 600